Consent and Mobile Platform Permissions
Our Collection of InformationWe collect “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information.” Personal Information is information that can be used to personally identify you, for example your name, phone number, and e-mail address. Non-Personal Information is information that cannot be used to personally identify you, for example, anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. We collect Personal and Non-Personal Information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when you register with us;
- when you visit our websites;
- when you communicate with our concierge;
- when you use our apps; and
- when you contact us for help.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) we have collected the following categories of personal information from California consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category Category Collected A. Identifiers. YES B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). YES C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. NO D. Commercial information. YES E. Biometric information. NO F. Internet or other similar network activity. YES G. Geolocation data. YES H. Sensory data. NO I. Professional or employment-related information. YES J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)). NO K. Inferences drawn from other personal information. YES
- Directly or indirectly from you;
- From activity on our website, apps, marketing campaigns or social networking sites; and
- Service providers and other partners
How we Use and Share your Information
Personal InformationWe may use Personal Information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- schedule appointments with dealers (if applicable);
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform analysis about your use of the Services;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business;
- respond to investigation, court orders, legal process, or to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- We have your written consent.
- Transfer is done in connection with a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of Vast.com, Inc.
- We believe, in our own sole discretion, that transfer is necessary to limit our liability or protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of our Company, its affiliated companies, this Website or its users or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies.
- Transfer is required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company.
Our Retention of your InformationWe will retain any Personal Information and Non-Personal Information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use any Personal Information and Non-Personal Information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we Protect your Personal InformationWe implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding your Personal Information
Account InformationIf your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you can correct, update, or delete inaccuracies by making the change within your profile settings section of the app or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access RightsReasonable access to your Personal Information may be provided at no cost upon request made to firstname.lastname@example.org. If access cannot be provided within the time frame requested, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
Location Information and NotificationsIf applicable, you can turn off and on location information within your profile settings section of the app. If you wish to stop receiving notifications through the app, you may change the settings for the app and/or your device.
Children’s RightsBecause of the nature of our business, our Services is not designed to appeal to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the personal information is shared.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you, in a portable format.
Web Beacons.Our Company and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to our Company’s cookie requirements.
Analytics Services.We use the following third-party data analytics platforms to improve our Services:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help understand how visitors interact with our websites so that the websites can be improved. You can read Google’s security and privacy policies for Google Analytics. You can chose not to have your data used by Google Analytics by downloading Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- Facebook Analytics. We use Facebook measuring tools to improve our advertising and measurement systems. You can view Facebook’s Data Policy at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
- Google Firebase Crashlytics (formerly Fabric Crashlytics). We use Firebase, a service provided by Google, Inc. to provide crash support. The data collected by Google Firebase is provided to us in aggregated form through a crash report. The report contains information about crashes, specifically what kind of device was being used when the app crashed and which version was in use during the crash. We use the reports to improve the overall performance of our apps. These crash reports do not include Personal Information or other personal account information. You can view Crashlytics’s Terms of Service at https://firebase.google.com/terms/crashlytics.
- Other. Our Company sites may use third parties to present or serve the advertisements that you may see at its web pages and to conduct research about the advertisements and web usage. This Privacy Statement does not cover any use of information that such third parties may have collected from you or the methods used by the third parties to collect that information.